Friday, June 19, 2009

The White Room


I was feeling really good today. Clearheaded. Light. No discomfort anywhere. I was in the white room.

And the beautiful view was back. As I watched, the huge black sphere, sprinkled with glittering lights in patterns that somehow seemed familiar, was changing again with a curve of light slowly appearing at its side and gradually turning blue as it widened. A great sense of tranquility washed over me as I watched the light advance. I knew what was happening.

I was in orbit.

It was a wonderful, rare thing. I was privileged to see what I was seeing. I would remember this for the rest of my life.

There was just this one little thing nattering at the back of my mind, very quietly and discreetly, but it didn´t give up.

What did it mean, to be in orbit?


1 comment:

  1. You really do write beautifully. Very evocative. I especially enjoy how there is always this undercurrent of the sensuous in every line. You are able to tease out the erotic in mundane situations. It brings to mind how my Jesuit high school science teacher explained that a solid, physical object, like a chest of drawers, only appears to us to be inflexible; actually it is an illusion, billions of floating atoms that are as alive as we are. Every single thing you describe, be it a man's body or a landscape or table is viscerally alive, tactile. Wonderful. Oh, I love the pictures of guys fucking, too.

    ReplyDelete